Here is the mailbox before after we easily pulled it out of the ground. The wood at the bottom had rotted away at the end of the post and that it was why it was leaning forward. I always assumed we were helping our postal worker by leaning the box towards their truck for easier access.
Rob and I decided that the post could be saved. He sanded it down and then we applied a decking and wood stain that we had left over from a previous project.
The best part was our old flag was gray...now that is some serious weathering. I am assuming that our mailbox is about twenty years old like our house. I snagged a new flag from Lowe's for about $3.00.
We had some black spray paint meant for plastic in our garage so Rob gave the mailbox a facelift.
We added some new numbers to the post and placed it back in the same spot as before. We added some additional pieces of wood where the post had previously rotted. For the most part it was in good condition and we did not feel it needed to be 100% replaced. I think this will make the neighbors happy too.
Not a huge project but it makes a world of difference...
Numbers from Lowe's $13.00
New Flag from Lowe's $ 3.00
All other materials were already purchased for other projects..
Total Cost $16.00
Rob and Megan