I decided that I had some materials around the house that I could use to update it. I only had to purchase two items for this project. Here is the mess before...cringe!
The builder of our home some twenty years ago installed this shelves with molding to hold them in place. I figured they've worked well so far, and to save money I decided not replace them. However, the closet was in need of a good coat of paint. I found a free quart of white paint that I received in the mail. I was going to do a color but I thought I might as well take advantage of free materials since they were available.
It definitely looked brighter after the first coat.
I used baskets and storage bins that previously served no purpose in our house. They have been sitting in the basement for a while now. I also switched up the position of the towels for two reasons. The pile won't fall on head of everyone who tries to reach up to the top shelf. Also, now Wynn has only access to towels at her height instead of products she should not be allowed to get into to.
The only items I purchased were the two collapsible Rubbermaid hampers at the bottom. They ended up fitting perfectly. Prior to this our toilet paper just sat in the giant BJ's Club size packaging, and I thought it always looked ugly. Therefore, I put all of the toilet paper in one of these hampers. I haven't decided what I will use the other one for, but I am sure I will come up with something.
Total Cost: $27.08 for the two Rubbermaid Hampers from Amazon
Thanks so much for stopping by!