Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Pottery Barn Inspired Place Card Holders



I saw some very cute place card holders on Pottery Barn's website, and thought it would be a great DIY project.  PB sells them for approximately $5 a piece.  I made them for under $2 a piece. That means I can make enough for our entire table at Christmas for the price of one box of four from PB.

Snowy Tree Cloche Placecard Holder, Set of 4

I purchased glass bottles with cork tops, some jewelry wire, sisal Christmas trees, and some fake snow. All together it was approximately $25 and were all purchased on Amazon.  This made twelve total place cards instead of only four. I only used about 1/20th of the bag of fake snow, and so I did not include this in the total cost since I will use it for other projects. 

I simply wrapped the jewelry wit\re into a small circle pattern, and then stuck the end of it in the top of the cork. I then added the fake snow and tree to the inside of the bottle. I cut out a small piece of paper to add to the top to indicate the name or intial of the person.

These took only about ten minutes to put together, and they will look great on your Christmas table. I can imagine they can be redone for various occassions too.  

Thanks for stopping by!  Enjoy your holiday season.

6 comments:

We appreciate you stopping by! We love to read every comment on here. :)