Friday, May 31, 2013

Wall Decor for a Buck

I found a framed piece of nursery decor at a consignment sale for a dollar. I liked the frame and decided to snag it for a future project. I figured I would be able to use it in Wynn's room as I adjust her decor a bit.  
I had this piece of scrapbook paper leftover from a previous project. After attaching it to the previous artwork I placed the Silhouette vinyl seahorse on top of it.  I also gave the frame a coating of white paint.

Here is the artwork when I first bought it. It said on the back that it was from Target so I'm sure it was probably between 10-15 dollars if I could guess. I had to cut open the back cardboard of it to get into the frame.  It was very easy to push it back into place after I made my changes to it.


Now I have a new piece of wall decor for a $1.  Can't beat that price!  Thanks for stopping by! I hope you have a great weekend.  It is supposed to be a hot one here in Maryland.





7 comments:

  1. You are sure making good use of your Silhouette! Love the little seahorse!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great find for a buck and you sure knew just what to do with it! Fun project Megan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. At first I thought it was fabric, the little polka dots on the paper kind of makes it shimmered, pretty! Great transformation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! What a difference. That seahorse is an adorable addition.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so cute, that cutter certainly gets a workout (vinyl is so addictive) I saw you on knock off decor too congrats xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this makeover. I love what some paint, vinyl and scrapbook paper can do. So cute! I hope you will also link up to The CSI Project this week. The challenge is “Life at the Beach.” Anything nautical, beach or summer is perfect!
    http://www.thecsiproject.com
    Link up begins Wednesday night.
    Come on over!
    Sandy toes and salty kisses,
    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is cute! I paint old frames all the time for our home decor... it's the best way to decorate cheaply.

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate you stopping by! We love to read every comment on here. :)