You may have remembered us sharing our playroom progress a few months ago. If you are new to our blog you can check it out here. Rob had made a small space to eventually put into place a desk space for our daughter to do her artwork or homework. We exhausted our budget and decided that the desk could wait. There was definitely a good reason to wait to start this project.
Fast forward five months or so, and my mother in law messaged us asking if we wanted cabinets that her neighbor was planning on throwing out. Rob sent immediately said we would take them, and it also included a counter which was exactly what we needed as well.
We did not need the entire cabinet though, and we only needed the side with the drawers. Rob took the back of the vanity off, and the door on the front. The left side of the vanity was removed as was the bottom. Then he took apart the front of the cabinet that surrounded the main door. He trimmed the wood between the main cabinet and the drawers to match the width of the other side of the drawers.
After this was done the back and bottom panels were also trimmed. The side panel on the left was reattached. Too bad the cabinets were spray painted from their original cherry fronts. Therefore, we decided to have Rob use the Wagoner power sprayer to use the leftover Sherwin Williams Anonymous Gray to paint the vanity. The drawer fronts were distressed, and then clear semi-gloss polyurethane was sprayed on them.
The counter top was originally six feet long, and was cut down to fit in the space. First a few inches was cut off of the back of the counter. Then it was cut down length wise to fit into the space. Then L-brackets were used to attach it to the wall.
At Target we purchased an easy to assemble counter height stool that fits perfectly underneath the desk. I also purchased new simple hardware for the four drawers that open.
Master Bedroom Dresser Dilemma & Snowball Effect
52 minutes ago