Monday, August 6, 2012

Cute as a Button Baby Shower Decor

Amy and I are throwing a baby shower with the theme of "Cute as a Button" .  We are trying to keep to a budget for decorations, and I wanted to try and use items that I already had around the house. I saw this Melissa and Doug box that my daughter's molding clay accessories had come in.   The best part about this box was that it was covered in a chalkboard paint inside.  
 I used some buttons that I had purchased from Oriental Trading to cover the outside of the box.

 Then I wrote in the center and added some buttons to a few of the letters. I think it will be the perfect addition to this baby shower, and I was able to use the materials I already had available.  I wonder what I can do with all those other Melissa & Doug boxes I have lying around.
Thanks for stopping by! 

Megan


Link Parties We Love:







17 comments:

  1. This really is 'cute as a button'. What a great use of resources you already had. I have plenty of Melissa and Doug boxes, I feel inspired. I can't wait to see what you for the rest of your party. Based on your pins, I am positive it's going to be adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! Stopping by from the Marvelous Monday link up at Jam’s Corner. This is such a cute idea– I love it! I hope you’ll visit me at jugglingactmama.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great idea! I know that our readers will love it, too. If you get a chance we would love for you to link up this craft at our weekly Bowdabra Showcase. http://bowdabrablog.com/2012/08/04/saturday-showcase-craft-projects-13/

    ReplyDelete
  4. My niece had a "cute as a button" birthday party and this sign would have been amazing!
    www.iheartpears.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love this!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! And so nice that you were able to make it from items you all ready had :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute! Thanks for sharing at the All Star Block Party.

    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know there was a purpose of saving all those Melissa and Doug boxes :) Wonderful idea...your newest follower here.Try to look at my work whenever you can...

    @http://homekidsandcrafts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great buttons! I love all of those colours together like that. So fun! Thanks so much for sharing at Etcetorize this week~

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a great baby shower theme!!! Way to go!

    Thanks so much for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is so cute! Thank you for sharing this at my Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Hope to see your prettiness again on Monday. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so cute. Great shower decor, but it would also be SO CUTE in a nursery. I featured you on my blog last night.
    http://www.cornerhouseblog.com/2012/08/friday-night-features.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's a great theme for a baby shower!! Thanks for linking up at Take it on Tuesday!

    Betsy @ Romance on a dime
    http://romanceonadime.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh I love this! It's super cute! Thanks for sharing on Marvelous Mondays. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. How I love this idea! i am also thinking of banners having buttons as the letters. How's that? Thanks for sharing this idea for baby shower decorations.

    All the best
    Val

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate you stopping by! We love to read every comment on here. :)