Sunday, August 19, 2012

Play Kitchen Out of TV Stand

I saw a bunch of kitchens out of TV stands last summer on Pinterest.  I knew I wanted to make one for Wynn. Obviously this was before I had a blog to share it on, so I thought I'd share it now.  I purchased this TV stand for $5 from someone only a few minutes away. 
 I grabbed some returned paint at Home Depot for $5 bucks and a bowl from Big Lots for $2.  Rob cut a hole in the top to make space for the bowl, which became the sink. I grabbed some coordinating fabric on clearance from Jo-Ann's to have my mom make a curtain for the front.
 I used some other leftover paint from Home Depot to paint on some burners. I got the knobs from Home Depot as well. I used a faucet that I bought on clearance at Lowe's a few years back to place on top.
 With a curtain rod I attached the cute curtain my mom made for the front of the kitchen.  I left the bottom open so that all the food could go in a basket below.
 When my boss heard about this project he bought Wynn all the kitchen accessories at Ikea he could find. Including these cute pans for her stove.
I painted the sides of the stand with green chalkboard paint to go along with the green in the fabric and the sink.  The basket below contains all the play food that she drags around the house.


The entire project cost around $75 and that was because of the quart of chalkboard paint. It was the most costly item in the project.  She loves her kitchen and plays it with all the time. I know I could have bought a play kitchen for the same price at Target or somewhere, but I like how this is unique.  

Megan

We enjoy linking up to:

Fox Hollow Cottage

Monday
Alderberry Hill
Etcetorize
The Gunny Sack
The Dedicated House
Adventures of a DIY Mom
Home Stories A to Z
Tip Junkie

Tuesday
A Diamond in the Stuff
Real Housewives of Riverton
Elizabeth & Co
Romance on a Dime
The NY Melrose Family
Simply Done Wright
The DIY Dreamer
Claiming Our Space
The Winthrop Chronicles
The Kurtz Corner

Wednesday
Polkadots on Parade
Southern Lovely
We Like To Learn As We Go
The Shabby Creek Cottage

Thursday
At The Picket Fence
Live Laugh Rowe
A Glimpse Inside
Seven Alive
52 Mantles
Fireflies and Jellybeans
Bloom Designs
House of Hepworths
Momnivores Dilemma
Two Sasters

Friday
504 Main
Redoux Interiors
Raising Oranges
Craftionary
The Grant Life
Just Us Four
Thrifty Handmade Days
Tatertots & Jello

Saturday
Too Much Time On My Hands
Tutus and Tea Parties
Classy Clutter
Its Overflowing

Sunday
Nifty Thrifty Things
Flamingo Toes
Twigg Studios
C.R.A.F.T.
My 1929 Charmer
Jam's Corner
Brassy Apple

35 comments:

  1. So So CUTE! How clever you are.. I bet she Loves it and is cooking you all sorts of goodies!!
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. complete agreement with you about one of the last things you said. Yes, you could have purchased one for about the same price....maybe even for less, who knows? But THIS is unique and special and made with love. That wins!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this project, it is darling! And while you could have bought one, it would not be this nice and you wouldn't be able to blog about your crafty talents :)

    xoxo, Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love Wynn's kitchen. I am sure she has made and will continue to make many happy memories playing at this kitchen and will look back and hold those memories even more fondly because her mommy and daddy made it for her. *Now, if you want to make her some fake foods, I know a place where you can get a bunch of tutorials and practice some sewing skills :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You certainly have some amazing tutorials that's for sure!!! :)

      Delete
  5. Such a wonderful creation for your little girl. I'm sure she will have many happy hours cooking up a storm in her cute kitchen. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super sweet kitchen and cuter than anything your could have bought. Love the colors and adorable design :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad I'm following you! This is too cute, what a clever idea. Thanks for posting this on The Gunny Sack link party.

    Have a great week!
    Katie
    www.funhomethings.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my! This is so very cute! I love how it turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute and such a nice thing for your kids. Much nicer and sturdier than the kind they sell in toy stores. I'm a grandma now, but we did something similar for our daughter about 30 years ago...but you added some special touches. Thanks for sharing. Gail (BibleLoveNotes.com)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is so cute! My little girl would love something like this.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the sweet comments on my piano... I hopped over here and am SO GLAD I found your blog! It's awesome. I love this kitchen, what a great idea! I'd love for you to link this up at my party at http://www.doodlesandstitches.com/2012/08/fabulous-friday-link-party-14.html
    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stopping by to tell you I pinned this. Hoping to make one for a 2 year old this Christmas so collecting all the clever ideas I find.

    ~Bliss~

    ReplyDelete
  13. This turned out really well. I'm sure your kids will enjoy it. Nice job. Thanks for linking up at Take it on Tuesday!

    Betsy @ Romance on a dime.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wynn's kitchen turned out so cute and from an old TV stand? Pretty creative of you and I bet a whole lot sturdier than something you can buy! Love the curtain in the front! Thanks for sharing your creative inspiration with Sunday’s Best – you helped make the party a success!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love it. I wanted a play kitchen as a kid but it wasn't in the budget. I love how this turned out. Thanks for sharing at the All Star Block Party!

    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, that's so adorable! Great idea! Liz

    ReplyDelete
  17. Seriously, you're amazing! Feel free to come on over and make me a real kitchen!

    Thanks so much for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your daughter's new kitchen is super sweet. I am sure she will enjoy it for many years growing up. Nice Work. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Aren't you clever? What vision!!! This is just tooooo cute! Love it and love the chalkboard paint...so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is such a creative idea! I'm so impressed that you're actually implementing the ideas on Pinterest. Thanks for the inspiration. :)

    aimee @ sixteen fourteen

    ReplyDelete
  21. Super cute! You did such a great job. Love the knobs!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I heart your blog! I'm a new GFC follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is super cute and very creative. Great job! Thanks so much for sharing on Marvelous Mondays. :) Please note, my new web address is www.thisgalcooks.com Same blog, different name. :)

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hey Megan,

    It's taken me forever to get caught up on my favourite blogs. I'm loving the guest room update (we're going with grey for our master bedroom too) and this play kitchen is adorable. I agree that the uniqueness of being homemade makes it special. I'm betting it'll be a hand-me-down for a long time. Some of my favourite toys were ones my grandfather made for his own kids.

    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  25. what a fabulous idea! play kitchens are super fun and I haven't though of actually make one ourselves!

    ReplyDelete
  26. That is a super idea and I love that it's so much more unique than one you'd just buy in a store!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Really cute project Megan! I would have loved to make one for our daughter when she was little, but she is now 16! Angie xo

    ReplyDelete
  28. That is so cute! I've always wanted to make one of those-yours turned out great! I need to keep my eyes open for an old cabinet so I can make one for my youngest!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh my goodness Megan, that is so darn cute! I bet Wynn loves it!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I am featuring your play kitchen at the All Star Block Party features tomorrow. Be sure to stop by and grab your button.

    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love how it came out! Thank you for sharing at our
    Pinteresting Party!

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate you stopping by! We love to read every comment on here. :)