Monday, March 4, 2013

Lampshade Update


About two weeks ago I headed over to Kohls to use a $10 gift card they sent for my birthday. I found this lamp on clearance and thought it would work great in my living room.  I ended up paying $13 for the lamp, which I thought was a great deal.  I thought that the shade was a little plain though.


I am still trying to learn how to use the silhouette machine, and I thought I would try and cut out something for the lampshade. The design I chose goes nicely with the pattern on my rug. I simply used the vinyl adhesive and attached it to the shade in a matter of minutes.

We made some progress in the kitchen this weekend. We still have a ways to go but at least we have agreed on a back splash idea.  Thanks to Jana from Little Web Writing Hood for doing some updates to our blog over the weekend. Hope you have a great week. 

Monday
Alderberry Hill
The Gunny Sack
The Dedicated House

Home Stories A to Z
Todays Creative

Skip To My Lou
The Rustic Pig
Craft-O-Matic

Tuesday
twelveOeight

Not Just A Housewife
If Its Not Baroque
A Diamond in the Stuff
Elizabeth & Co
Romance on a Dime
The NY Melrose Family
The DIY Dreamer

The Winthrop ChroniclesAdventures of a DIY Mom
A to Z Celebrations

Wednesday
Southern Lovely
We Like To Learn As We Go
The Real Thing with the Coake Family
Someday Crafts

Thursday

A Glimpse Inside
Seven Alive
52 Mantles
Fireflies and Jellybeans
Bloom Designs

Momnivores Dilemma
Saving 4 Six

The Taylor House
Friday
One Project Closer
504 Main
Redoux Interiors
The Grant Life
Just Us Four
Thrifty Handmade Days

One Creative Mommy

Saturday

Too Much Time On My Hands
Tutus and Tea Parties
Classy Clutter
Its Overflowing


Sunday

Nifty Thrifty Things
Flamingo Toes
Twigg Studios
Uncommon Designs
I Gotta Try That


29 comments:

  1. That is gorgeous. Job well done. I would love for you to link it at my Wednesday link party.


    http://viewfromrivermountain.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the look of your lamshade! I've got the little model over at Inspiration Cafe and wanted to check your blog out. It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that. I need to bust out my Silhouette. I haven't used it in a week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. a $10 lamp?! I've had my silhouette machine for almost 2 years now and still don't fully understand how to use it! It did sit in the box for a realllly long time because I didn't have the space for it. Hopefully I can do something fun soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a great deal on your lamp. Happy birthday to you :). I love when your birthday lasts and lasts...gift cards are great for that. I can't wait to see the kitchen progress!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great lampshade ! Very creative :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea to ise the vinyl. I love the design you chose

    ReplyDelete
  8. Of course you did something amazing with your lamp! It's such a lovely way to update!!! I'll keep that in mind:-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a deal! It looks way better with your design, Megan!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute! My son needs a new lamp shade in his bedroom!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like it, the shade turned out great! It is just the right amount of embellishment.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It really adds that extra something to the lampshade, and $13 is a great deal!!. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. that is a great deal for a lamp, and love how you added your original touch to it. Well done

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is the perfect addition to that lamp!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks great! LOVE the simple upgrade!

    Jenna @ http://rainonatinroof.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh that lamp looks great! The shade looks even better now. I'm envious of your silhouette...looks like you're having fun with it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are working that Silhouette! Nicely done Megan! ... Enjoy the snow!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great touch! It's very eye catching!

    Thanks for sharing it at Monday Funday!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm not sure what I like more - the lamp or the price! Love it! Happy Monday from the enchanted oven.
    xo,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, what a score! Good job!
    Jamie ~ somuchbetterwithage.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awesome lamp! I love the stencil, too.
    I found you today at Not Just A Housewife's Linky. I hope you get a chance to stop by my blog and leave a comment, too!
    ~ Megin of VMG206
    www.vmg206.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the lamp base! :)

    ... and what you did with the shade, of course!

    toddlindsey.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love it! you did a great job!

    Kara
    www.simplisticallysassy.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great idea! Thanks for sharing at Pinworthy Projects.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh goodness! Love the looks it gives the lamp!

    Thanks so much for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality! I can't wait to see what you link up tomorrow evening!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great idea! I love using my Silhouette for home decor projects!! It does have quite the learning curve, but it's so worth it.

    Jeannine @ The Concrete Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  27. i love love love this, Megan!! so classy and way cheaper than buying an ornate shade!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love the way the lamp looks now!! Thanks for linking up at Romance on a dime!

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate you stopping by! We love to read every comment on here. :)