Sunday, November 4, 2012

Number 3 Birthday Decoration

I am in the midst of making decorations for Wynn's birthday pary in January.  I saw a neat idea on Pinterest a while back that showed how to make an enormous number.  Here is the link to my inspiration - Lowe's Party Idea   I took a different spin on it by using what I already had in my own craft stash. I seem to be doing this a lot lately because I would not allow myself into Michaels or JoAnn Fabrics for the month of October in order to just find ways to use my current supplies.

I cut out a large number three out of cardboard and then simply glued two colors of paper shred to it. The inspiration used

The project for me was completely free because I used a cardboard box and some paper shred that my mom gave to me after her craft supply clean out. Wynn really likes it and I'm excited to use it at her party. I'm sure you'll see me creating some party decorations for the next few weeks. 

Thanks for stopping by!

Megan




Monday
Alderberry Hill
The Gunny Sack
The Dedicated House
Adventures of a DIY Mom 
Home Stories A to Z
Tip Junkie
Todays Creative

Tuesday
A Diamond in the Stuff
Elizabeth & Co
Romance on a Dime
The NY Melrose Family
The DIY Dreamer
Claiming Our Space
The Winthrop Chronicles
Full Circle Creations
Pincushion Creations
Primitive & Proper

Wednesday
Southern Lovely
We Like To Learn As We Go
The Shabby Creek Cottage
Someday Crafts
High Heels & Grills
Mom on Timeout

Thursday
The Taylor House
At The Picket Fence
Live Laugh Rowe
A Glimpse Inside
Seven Alive
52 Mantles
Fireflies and Jellybeans
Bloom Designs
House of Hepworths
Momnivores Dilemma
Western Warmth
Saving 4 Six

Friday
One Project Closer
504 Main
Redoux Interiors
Craftionary
The Grant Life
Just Us Four
Thrifty Handmade Days
Tatertots & Jello
Fresh Eggs Daily

Saturday
Too Much Time On My Hands
Tutus and Tea Parties
Classy Clutter
Its Overflowing

Sunday
Nifty Thrifty Things
Flamingo Toes
Twigg Studios
C.R.A.F.T.
My 1929 Charmer
Brassy Apple 
Impatiently Crafty
WTFab


11 comments:

  1. GREAT JOB!!! I love when I come up with ideas using what I have. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable:) can't wait to see more birthday related projects!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll give you 3 reasons I love this...I love that it didn't cost you anything. You are so frugal. I love that you used 2 different colors of shredded paper. AND third, I love that you are as crazy as I am when it comes to planning children's parties so far in advance :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! it feels so good not spending money on a project and getting a good result! You nailed it again, Megan!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun and super duper clever idea! For Nothing!!! Cute Megan! And 3??! Stop the time! Goes so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute idea. I love how it turned out. So colorful. Thanks so much for sharing on Tout It Tuesday! Hope to see you next week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! Saw you link up on some link parties. Would love it if you linked up on my blog hop and add it to your listwww.w-t-fab.com/search/label/bloghop. Also let me know if you'd like to follow each other!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute! I love the colors and the texture! And just so you know, I spend way too much time and money at Michaels and JoAnns!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So fun!! I'm glad she enjoyed it! I'm so glad you linked up at Romance on a dime.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great idea!! Thanks for linking up last week, we'd love to have you back!
    http://www.joyfulhomemaking.com/2012/11/welcome-to-think-tank-thursday-5.html

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate you stopping by! We love to read every comment on here. :)