Tuesday, May 20, 2014

PBK Inspired Wall Art

I've done it! I've found a project that I can do with one arm holding a baby.  I saw a beautiful wall art piece on Pottery Barn Kids a few weeks ago, and thought I would try and recreate it at some point for the nursery.  

I took a simple canvas that I purchased from Michaels for around six dollars. Then I grabbed a marker from Wynn's desk and simply wrote the words "I Love You" over and over until the canvas was filled. And of course this was all done while holding my sweet non-sleeping child, Davis.  

The other amazing part of this project is that it does not have to look perfect or be straight. That means there is no prep needed. You just need a free hand to write in some half way decent cursive. 

My canvas is approximately 12 inches by 16 inches, and the canvas PBK offers is 35 inches square. However my $6 price tag is much easier to handle versus the $400 PBK price tag. I don't know if I've ever spent even remotely close to $400 on anything hanging up in my house. I think maybe I've spent that total for all the rooms in my house instead.


Thanks for stopping by! I hope you have a wonderful week. 

11 comments:

  1. adorable! i love this so much. i love this so much. i love this so much. i love this so much. ;) making my own art here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! And I love the price tag! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. $400? wow! Love yours and your knock out price, Megan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. $400?? Is it written in gold? That is beyond ridiculous! Yours is just as cute--in fact, cuter because of the price--not to mention the story behind its creation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so clever! Love your blog too! So many amazing inexpensive ideas to do! I will be back!

    ReplyDelete
  6. $400 I'm in shock, who's buying stuff at that price?? Yours is beautiful, and more personal because its in your handwriting. Davis is obviously a crafting genius to help you with it and they say the creative tiles don't sleep much ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was types not tiles since its 4am and I'm up ith my own "creative genius"

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it! What a personal and wonderful creation.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Megan - you had me laughing with the one arm LMHO !!!
    I so remember those days - I suppose there's days when you have no arms available!
    LOVE LOVE LOVE your artwork - I'm going to call you the one armed bandit from now on :)
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the simplicity of it but knowing me I would have some how still managed to mess this up! Great job and bonus points for doing it with one arm!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love it too! Much more personal to do it yourself. And $400, well that's just crazy!

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate you stopping by! We love to read every comment on here. :)