Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Kid Craft - Baby Puffs Pumpkins

Here I go again recycling baby food container related items. This time I am using the baby puff containers. We certainly have quite the collection of these as the boys love them now. 
We first took some craft paint and foam brush to cover the puffs container without the wrapper.  
Then I helped her cut a slit into the tops of the containers. We painted the tops with green paint. We also painted some tongue depressers with the same green paint to make stems.  
After they dried we put the tops on and slipped the stems through the holes we made in the tops.
The last step was to write on faces with a marker once the orange paint dried. Wynn let me do the honors of creating the mouth. She helped make the eyes and noses. Clearly we are certainly an artisitic family. ;)

I was thinking we could fill them up with candy and use them as teacher gifts when Halloween gets closer. I think Wynn would love to do that. This was certainly an easy craft to do with her at four years old. I bet you could make all different Halloween related ideas with these. I cannot wait to make snowmen in the winter time.


8 comments:

  1. Clearly you ARE an artistic family. Love that you all participated...even the boys with their hearty appetites. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute idea! Love the snowman idea too! Now off to find some empty containers!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute and especially fun to do a project with Wynn! She is going to grow up to be one very crafty girl! ... And I now have a source for puffs containers too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How stinken cute! I love the recycling binge you're on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is too cute Megan, those boys are gobbling up some awesome craft supplies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know I can't resist a good pumpkin project and this one looks fun! I used some coffee creamer containers to make pumpkin bowling pins and the grandkids loved them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are sooo cute! Gotta find some cute containers :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute and an awesome recycle. I just restarted my Make it Monday Party and would love for you to stop by and share your project. Hope to see there! (There's even a giveaway)

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate you stopping by! We love to read every comment on here. :)