Sunday, October 7, 2012

Craft Supplies Overhauled and Organized

While Wearing Heels and Pinkapotamus offered up a challenge to clean up. I shared my before picture here at  Craft Stash Overhaul

After just a few hours of organizing and finding useful containers around my basement I was able to feel like I had made some progress.  First I took my CL dresser find and added some storage on the top. My mom gave me a tiered plate server last week from her basement and I had a box from Michaels laying around.
I placed some plastic plates on the server to have quick access to my paint brushes, punches and staplers. Then I placed the glue sticks and some other odds and ends in my wooden box.  I also placed a picture of my sweet Wynn to make me smile.
I folded up all my fabric that was in random places throughout the house and put it all in one drawer.  The other drawers of this dresser are filled with other craft and party supplies.
We had a leftover wire storage system from our previous home. I just added plastic baskets to the wire baskets to help items from falling through and moving around every time I opened a drawer.

I made a quick little wreath to hang on my ever so beautiful cinder block wall  with some leftover supplies I found while cleaning up. Then I added some leftover MDF to the top of my sliding drawer system to use as a counter top space.
Then I cleaned up the shelving unit next to these with some baskets and other items. I have lots more room to grow my collection now. I cleaned up my little table and added a fabric remnant to it as a runner.  It's a dark space and it's a basement but it certainly looks better than before. 

Now everything has a place and I know where it all is now.  I don't feel so guilty about my side of the basement. The other side however is another story because Rob is in the middle of many projects of his own.  Thanks so much for stopping by!

Megan



Monday
Alderberry Hill
Etcetorize
The Gunny Sack
The Dedicated House
Adventures of a DIY Mom 
Home Stories A to Z
Tip Junkie

Tuesday
A Diamond in the Stuff
Elizabeth & Co
Romance on a Dime
The NY Melrose Family
Simply Done Wright
The DIY Dreamer
Claiming Our Space
The Winthrop Chronicles
The Kurtz Corner
Primitive & Proper

Wednesday
Polkadots on Parade
Southern Lovely
We Like To Learn As We Go
The Shabby Creek Cottage
Someday Crafts
High Heels & Grills
Mom on Timeout

Thursday
The Taylor House
At The Picket Fence
Live Laugh Rowe
A Glimpse Inside
Seven Alive
52 Mantles
Fireflies and Jellybeans
Bloom Designs
House of Hepworths
Momnivores Dilemma

Friday
504 Main
Redoux Interiors
Raising Oranges
Craftionary
The Grant Life
Just Us Four
Thrifty Handmade Days
Tatertots & Jello

Saturday
Too Much Time On My Hands
Tutus and Tea Parties
Classy Clutter
Its Overflowing

Sunday
Nifty Thrifty Things
Flamingo Toes
Twigg Studios
C.R.A.F.T.
My 1929 Charmer
Brassy Apple  

10 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. You have the cutest little craft area ever. I love that you used a tiered plate server for some of your supplies. I am beyond in love with your fabrics. The picture of Wynn...adorable. That child is so photogenic. And, that table with the fabric runner, it looks like it is begging for a craft play date.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! It feels so good being that organized! It looks really good too! The wreath, your lil one cute picture, and the runner on the table are some of my faves!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job Megan! You've created a cute and organized space for getting crafty. I bet you'll be even more inspired now! ... I need to do this too. My stuff is everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We must be on the same kick right now, I love that you have that super cute runner for your crafting area too. Lookin' good!!!

    xoxo, Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just precious, and it will be so much easier for you to craft now. And the pic of the little sweetie is beyond adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how pretty you made your craft area! Now it is the perfect place to be inspired and get creative. Can't wait to see what you come up with next! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks great, can you come work magic at my house?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Love!
    I featured your craft room on my craft room link ups @ http://pinkapotamus.blogspot.com/2012/10/october-overhauling-craft-room-cleanups.html
    xoxo
    Amie @ Pinkapotamus

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it! Thanks for linking up To Whimsy Wednesday!
    Kelly,
    Smart! School {House}

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is great! I have a closet I keep my crafty stuff in and it's a mess. Love the organization! And I'm featuring this tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate you stopping by! We love to read every comment on here. :)