Monday, December 2, 2013

Christmas Mantel & Other Holiday Decor

Here is my simple and sweet Christmas mantel. Given that I have limited time on my hands I knew I had to put together a mantel that would require little work on my part. I took my recently created cabinet door chalkboard and created a sign.

I also took my glass outdoor lantern I scored at Lowe's on clearance at the end of the summer for $7 and filled it with silver and gold ball ornaments. I placed a larger tree on the opposite side that scored from Marshalls a few years ago. 

 For the sign I took a candle wreath I purchased last year on clearance at Michaels for less than a dollar and made it the "O" in Joy.

Just nearby under my television I added some more holiday decor pretty quickly as well. It is nice now to be able to pull some things out of bins that I can use each year instead of shopping for new decorations.  I took a few pictures of this space to share with you as well.


I hope you are enjoying your holiday season. Thanks so much for stopping by!


9 comments:

  1. So pretty. I'm amazed you have time for decorating AND posting about it. It all looks so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the mix of gold and silver - so sophisticated! You are going to have the best Christmas ever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The mix of gold and silver is so pretty. I adore the chalkboard with the wreath and the decor under the TV is so, so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks great! I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Megan if you didn't do anything for 6 months I'd be impressed but here you are all mantled up. Simple but beautiful what an exciting Christmas this year for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with Mel! I'm amazed that you are decorating at all, let alone blogging about it! I'll take that as a good sign! Silver and gold....perfect for Christmas! I'm loving that silver bottle as well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your mantel! Joy is my word for this season! I am kind of obsessed...this looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow, how do you have time for all this awesomeness, megan!? featuring you tonight on the blog and thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate you stopping by! We love to read every comment on here. :)