Friday, June 14, 2013

Patriotic Letter Wreath

I created a patriotic letter wreath for my friend as a housewarming present. I picked up a large wooden letter from Michaels for a few dollars and a sheet of moss.



I traced the letter onto the back of the sheet of moss with a sharpie. Then I applied some glue to the letter and attached the moss after I cut it out.
Using some leftover paper flowers and some ribbon I was able to add a little bit of embellishment in patriotic colors.

I'm hoping that this will be the perfect decoration year round since she lives in seaside town, and this has a somewhat nautical feel to it as well.


Hope you have a wonderful weekend!









9 comments:

  1. Very cute Megan - I love everything mossy! Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I love using a letter in place of a wreath! Jenna @ Rain on a Tin Roof

    ReplyDelete
  3. My guesses were all wrong. Your friend is lucky! Love the moss.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute, Megan! I'm ready to cover something with moss, love its texture and color.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it Megan! I should re-visit my sheet moss and make something...or maybe get started on a 4th of July project! Love the idea of a moss letter for a wreath!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! The sheet miss looks great! I have some at home that will be put to good use!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very clever! Feel free to link up at Party In Polka Dots if you wish!

    http://www.piggyinpolkadots.com/2013/06/party-in-polka-dots-27-linky-sweet.html

    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahhhh - I love the moss letter! Too cute!!! Pinning now :)

    Pinned from the Pinterest Power Party at http://www.ajperspective.com/blog/co-hosting-pinterest-power-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a great idea!

    I found your website from Southern Lovely. I just started a new blog and I would love for you to follow me, too! http://naptimenothings.blogspot.com/

    Looking forward to more posts!
    Sarah@
    Naptime Nothings

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate you stopping by! We love to read every comment on here. :)