Wednesday, June 5, 2013

PBK Inspired Rope Mirror

I have been working on some new wall decor for Wynn's room.  I basically got a lot of inspiration from the Pottery Barn Kids catalog as you may have seen in my previous projects. This one also is PBK inspired and took around five minutes to assemble. I saw a rope mirror pictured below and thought it would be a great item to recreate.  Here is my mirror for her room:


I had a mirror from Michaels that was pretty inexpensive that I had never used before. I used some leftover rope from my nautical vase project I shared on Monday.  I thought about buying thicker rope like the PBK version, but I really did not want to spend any additional funds if I had materials available.

Below is the PBK mirror that I cut out of the catalog as soon as I saw it in there.  It is not something that I can find on the site anymore, but I doubt it cost around the eight dollars I spent.
I am hoping to repaint Wynn's room soon, and I will hang her new mirror, seahorse art, and mermaid sign. Thanks for stopping by today.

22 comments:

  1. Love it Megan! You should start selling this stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. That turned out great. I want to make one! How did you secure the rope to the mirror?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry I forgot to mention that. I just used a hot glue gun. :)

      Delete
  3. Great idea! This would look good in any room - a fun nautical feel or just for summer. Can't wait to see Wynn's room all put together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute, amazing how a little twine can add some character to a simple mirror.

    Lisa

    Creative Raisins

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea Megan! I love it!

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are on a roll with all these PBK knockoffs! The mirror turned out so cute. I can't wait to see everything hung together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute project! I'm going to share it on my FB page!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow your mirror looks great! You did an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. super cute... what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this Mirror Megan - its so perfect for a beachy theme! Thankyou for linking up to the "It's a Steal" Link Party - Nat

    ReplyDelete
  11. love this! in fact, I had already scheduled a FB share for it!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks great! I love it when you can create a knock-off that looks better than the original. I hope your daughter loves it. :)

    If you get a chance, we'd love for you to share this over at Much Ado About Monday. We also have a really fun fabric giveaway going on right now, too! http://www.huckleberrylove.com/2013/06/much-ado-about-monday-no-13-and-giveaway.html

    ~Emily
    www.huckleberrylove.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love it! Pottery Barn inspired projects are the best! Yours looks great! Jenna @ Rain on a Tin Roof

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think yours looks better than the PBK version! Definitely cheaper, too. And...you made it! Pinning! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Megan you're being featured on Inspiration Cafe tomorrow xx Nat

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW Megan! Love how it turned out! Where do you get rope like that?

    Thanks so much for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer!! See you tomorrow evening!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this mirror, so nautical and pretty! Stop by later today to see your feature :)

    xo, Tanya
    http://twelveoeight.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Original idea!

    I've picked up on my last post.

    I made a RANKING for the 5 bests DIY MIRRORS, and, obviously, your idea is included!!

    I hope you visit it!

    A hug

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate you stopping by! We love to read every comment on here. :)