Monday, February 18, 2013

Easter Egg Hunt Treat Bags

I've invited some friends over for an Easter egg hunt in a few weeks. I wanted to make some treat bags for the kids on a budget. I found a package of four bags for a dollar at the Dollar Tree. They are called felt bags, however, they are not really felt at all.   You can find them in the arts and crafts section there.  Then I took a cookie cutter I had and traced out some bunny heads on fabric. Then I used some adhesive to attach them to the bags.  
So far I have the bag filled with the a little foam bunny or chick kit that I found at Joann Fabrics for a dollar each. I'm sure I'll be able to find some other goodies for the bag.  You could even use them instead of baskets during an egg hunt.

Thanks for stopping by!

Megan

Monday
Alderberry Hill
The Gunny Sack
The Dedicated House

Home Stories A to Z
Todays Creative

Skip To My Lou
The Rustic Pig
Craft-O-Matic

Tuesday
twelveOeight

Not Just A Housewife
If Its Not Baroque
A Diamond in the Stuff
Elizabeth & Co
Romance on a Dime
The NY Melrose Family
The DIY Dreamer

The Winthrop Chronicles
Full Circle Creations

Adventures of a DIY Mom
A to Z Celebrations

Wednesday
Southern Lovely
We Like To Learn As We Go
The Shabby Creek Cottage

The Real Thing with the Coake Family
Someday Crafts


Thursday

A Glimpse Inside
Seven Alive
52 Mantles
Fireflies and Jellybeans
Bloom Designs

Momnivores Dilemma
Saving 4 Six

The Taylor House

Friday
One Project Closer
504 Main
Redoux Interiors
The Grant Life
Just Us Four
Thrifty Handmade Days

One Creative Mommy

Saturday

Too Much Time On My Hands
Tutus and Tea Parties
Classy Clutter
Its Overflowing


Sunday

Nifty Thrifty Things
Flamingo Toes
Twigg Studios
Uncommon Designs
I Gotta Try That



12 comments:

  1. Super cute idea..and easy enough, right?! Might have to do this for when we host our Easter Egg hunt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute bag and such a great price! Leave it to you to figure out a quick and easy way to "cute it up"! An Easter egg hunt sounds like fun. We've often considered doing one at our farm, but our springs the last couple of years have been so unpredictable. Have fun girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how much fun! I love the bags and that you added a bunny to them. I hope you take pictures of your Easter egg hunt. It sounds like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that's very cute. I love the idea of using the cookie cutter, hmm I think I have a few Easter ones hanging about, and I think you have just made the Easter thing I was planning a million times easier, thanks Megan

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a simple and cute idea! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We don't celebrate Easter, but these bags are super cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a sweet instead of the basket!! cute, cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stopping by from Not Just a Housewife, what a neat idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. you found them at the dollar tree!?!?! i love the little bunny you added, cute but classy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. super cute!! Thanks for sharing this at Romance on a dime!

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate you stopping by! We love to read every comment on here. :)