Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Washi Tape Tray

I found some super cute washi tape on clearance at Michaels a few months back. I sometimes am at a loss for what to actually do for it even with all those inspiring projects that have been shared out there. I picked up a plain plastic plate at Target and then simply laid the tape across it to create a tray for my succulents I picked up at Lowe's. 
I was going to attempt to plant my own, but on the day I went to Lowe's they only had ones that were already planted in bowls.  I am going to head to the Do-It-Herself class offered at Home Depot in May on planting succulents. It's free so you cannot beat that. My friend Jocie from One Project Closer is actually teaching the class offered at the Ellicott City, Maryland location if you are in that area. Here is the link for the workshop - Home Depot Workshops.  
Hopefully heading to this workshop will allow me to keep this little planter alive a little longer. I am definitely not known for having a green thumb at all. Enjoy your week!

11 comments:

  1. Way to go Megan! 2 hot items in one post! Love the washi tape tray...so cheery! Succulents are everywhere and I hope you'll do a post on what you learned from your class! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOh, I can't wait to hear your tips. I have had pretty good luck with succulents (which may have more to do with where I live than anything else!) but it's always good to hear what the experts have to say.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait, am I at 'a casarella or Our Pinteresting Family :). Either way, you are both making it impossible for me not to love succulents. This looks adorable. I am off to check out the free class at Home Depot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the plate, I'm in the same boat with washi but it all looks so pretty!

    Succulents grow like weeds here, mainly because we don't get a lot of rain, they're brilliant for a Summer garden here when everything else dies in the extreme heat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to admit this for fear of a major backlash from people - but I have never used Washi tape. Yep - that's right. Big Fat Failure. But I love what you did with it - you might just inspire me to come up with something.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how washi tape is placed on something and Voila, the new item looks so great! I love the contrasting colors of the succulents with the ones in your pretty tray!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am like shari ....never used washi tape. I just sit back and admire others projects. How r u doing?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the colors. I've been wanting to plant some succulents too and I had no idea about the classes at Lowes.. I'm going to check it out in my area. Thanks for the tip :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the tray! I think I'm the only person who hasn't tried washi tape yet. One of these days I will...

    I killed my succulents within a month, so hopefully yours fare better than mine!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been wanting to play with washi tape...I've seen so many fun projects that I want to try too. I love how your plate came out! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so cute. I love using washi tape on projects! Great job on this tray.

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate you stopping by! We love to read every comment on here. :)