Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Easy Moroccan Inspired Wall Art

I had recently purchased some contact paper at Marshalls. I did not really have a plan for it but I figured that I could do something with it eventually.I decided that it would look good on a canvas with an image I had downloaded from the Silhouette online store. 
I simply wrapped the canvas in the contact paper and then added the vinyl adhesive to it.  I plan on using this as part of a gift for a friend who likes this style.


The two rolls of contact paper was about $5 and the canvas was leftover from a previous project.  I have also gotten the same contact paper in turquoise as well from Marshalls. They always seem to have fun designs there to choose from.

Thanks for stopping by!

14 comments:

  1. I love that contact paper. What a great deal. It all put together on canvas is a unique and creative piece of art. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute!! And how fun is it to find craft supplies at Marshall's? I love it when that happens! :)
    --Elena

    ReplyDelete
  3. That contact paper is fabulous! So loving the pink and white with that image. So creative and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's really cute I have just bought some patterned contact paper for a project, I hope it looks as good as yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Love that contact paper!! Marshall's?? How fabulous and I love what you have done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooooh - this is a lovely idea! Thanks!

    Wishing you a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love using wallpaper, wrapping paper, scrapbooking paper and fabric as art. I have never thought of putting a silhouette on it though! How great! :)

    toddlindsey.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks great! Very creative for sure.

    Best wishes for a lovely week,
    Natasha in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the contact paper, I have the same in aqua on the back of my bookcases. Your art looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have seen this at Marshall's and every tie want to buy it. It is so cute and how creative are you- fun project!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Love that contact paper...the color is fabulous! I love seeing all your projects! I would LOVE to have you share this at my party!

    http://www.madetobeamomma.com/2013/04/homemade-by-you-48.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Holy smokes, that contact paper is AWESOME! I just found out that Marshalls sells some scrapbooking supplies so I pretty much bought 1 of everything they had. Now, I want to go find this AMAZING contact paper!!

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate you stopping by! We love to read every comment on here. :)