Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Thumbtack Anchor

The nautical bridal shower that I'm planning with my friends is going to have a navy and pink color scheme.  I was eager to come up with some decorations for the party.  I headed to my craft stash, and pulled out some thumbtacks and a 12 by 12 canvas.  The thumbtacks are from the Dollar Tree, which is the best place to buy them cost wise in my opinion. I used one box of tacks for this project.

I arranged the thumbtacks in an anchor shape.  Then I used some blue and pink paint to create some stripes along the sides to match the shower color scheme by taping it out with Frog Tape.  I just eyeballed the measurements of the stripes as I went.  


I'm excited to make a few more projects for this shower. It's going to be so beautiful because the friends that are working on it always are so creative.  Thanks for checking this project idea out.

18 comments:

  1. Adorable!! Love that! Such a great idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool! I think an initial done like this would be fun! Hmmmmmm.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW. You are really outdoing yourself with creative ideas for this shower. It looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been wanting to do a thumbtack canvas project. Do the thumbtacks stay in okay or do I need to bust out my earring backs? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! I want to try thumbtack art now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So super cute! Life to the full! Melissa @ DaisyMaeBelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha I was gong to ask the same question as Elena, love this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute! There's so much great tape out now that you could probably tape the edges too for color. Love the blue and pink....great job.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great idea! This is so simple but makes such a big and adorable impact. Thanks for sharing. I found you at the Winthrop Chronicles party,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  10. Too cute! I'm a Navy s/o, so I really like this =)

    Natashalh

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love nautical decor. This is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You blog is adorable! Newest follower here via the blog hop and I was kinda hopin' that you'd pop on by my neck o' the woods and like me back (if you like what you read!)

    Have a great weekend!
    Sarah
    www.enjoyingtheepiphany.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is great, Megan! Thanks for co-hosting with us on such a late notice this week! =) Happy Friday!!

    Danielle
    SewMuchCrafting.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. So stinkin cute! For some reason I love anchors!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So cute!! Love it. Thanks for linking up at Romance on a dime!!

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate you stopping by! We love to read every comment on here. :)