Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Cabinet Door Turned Into Message Board Shelf by Amy

Chris and I found an amazing piece during our antique ventures( a cabinet door!). We wanted to some how hang it in our kitchen and make the piece useful. We decided to make a shelf and memo board.
We painted the middle part of the door with chalkboard paint. sorry I dont have a before picture without the tape. This is a before picture of our kitchen and we removed the painting and replaced it with the shelf.
We made our own shelf and painted the wood in a creamy white color..


We are thrilled in how it turned out! Thanks for stopping by!
Have a great day!

Amy & Chris


8 comments:

  1. Oh I love it! It looks great!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the rustic feel of the cabinet door and you'll have fun writing new messages on the chalkboard - cute and functional!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it too! I have a little chalkboard on my fridge, but I could sure use something a little more substantial like this! Nice job...as always!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks great on top of the shelf! I love the pretty blue color.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks great! I love anything with chalkboard, and the fact that it is made out of a door is awesome! Great job x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this idea! I have a couple cabinet doors in my garage this would be perfect for! Thanks for sharing!

    Jenna @ rainonatinroof.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea! Love the color of the door too.
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate you stopping by! We love to read every comment on here. :)