Monday, January 21, 2013

Love Is Unmeasurable Sign

I bought a large lot of rulers from eBay. I should have just driven about ten minutes down the road to pick them up, because after I bought them I realized it was from someone nearby.  They were only a dollar for 10 rulers.   I wanted to create this sign below and make a heart from the rulers. I am not so great with the jig saw, so Rob agreed to help me out with that part. I used a piece of extra counter top from our built ins, a wooden word cut out for the Love from Michaels, and then sticker letters for the rest.  The entire project cost $2.50 approximately. 

Another simple, sweet and inexpensive Valentine project that I think I can leave out for a little longer too.  I paired it with my Ombre Decoration in my family room.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Megan 


Monday
Alderberry Hill
The Gunny Sack
The Dedicated House

Home Stories A to Z
Todays Creative

Skip To My Lou
The Rustic Pig
Craft-O-Matic

Tuesday
twelveOeight

If Its Not BaroqueA Diamond in the Stuff
Elizabeth & Co
Romance on a Dime
The NY Melrose Family
The DIY Dreamer
Claiming Our Space
The Winthrop Chronicles
Full Circle Creations

Adventures of a DIY Mom
A to Z Celebrations

Wednesday
Southern Lovely
We Like To Learn As We Go
The Shabby Creek Cottage
Someday Crafts
High Heels & Grills

Thursday
Frugal Girls
Live Laugh Rowe
A Glimpse Inside
Seven Alive
52 Mantles
Fireflies and Jellybeans
Bloom Designs
House of Hepworths
Momnivores Dilemma
Saving 4 Six

The Taylor House

Friday
One Project Closer
504 Main
Redoux Interiors
The Grant Life
Just Us Four
Thrifty Handmade Days
Tatertots & Jello
Fresh Eggs Daily
Little Inspiration

One Creative Mommy

Saturday

Too Much Time On My Hands
Tutus and Tea Parties
Classy Clutter
Its Overflowing


Sunday
Nifty Thrifty Things
Flamingo Toes
Twigg Studios
Uncommon Designs
Brassy Apple 
I Gotta Try That

34 comments:

  1. Oh that is so sweet! I love it! I'm kind of afraid of the jig saw myself! I dont' have a steady enough hand!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You *rule*. This is the most precious project ever. I absolutely love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute! Love inexpensive and easy projects!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE it! You certainly -rule- with this sign, it's so cute, the rulers totally make it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a a fabulous idea!!!! this is one of my favorite projects over here- love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, I love it!!!

    xoxo, Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute. Looks good with the ombre vase too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute idea! You could definitely leave this up all year round!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, Megan

    What a great project. I just love how everything looks and the rulers are such a great touch. I found your lovely blog from A to Z link party. I am a new follower. Love for you to stop by www.homesweetbutterfly.com. Have a great week.

    Hugs,
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really cute! Love the rulers:) http://www.sewsweetvintage.com/2013/01/sweet-heart-pillow-upcycle.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute idea & witty touch with the rulers! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is adorable! Yep, great for year-round decorating. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. How fun is that! Love is immeasurable... What a terrific thought, and such a cute design too!

    You did so well and should be VERY proud of yourself!

    hugs x
    Crystelle

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's a wonderful project. I hate it when I get so excited over a purchase that after the shipping is paid you realise it was so close.

    This is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely L-O-V-E this!! Fantastic job! ;)

    ~Brenda @ChattingOverChocolate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. This caught my eye on A Diamond in the Stuff link party. Very cool idea. I have a bunch of yard sticks that I was looking to use. Maybe I could do something similar. Great job. I am hosting a new link party. I would love it if you would link up. http://www.ifitsnotbaroquedesignblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Super cute idea! Popped over from Whimsy Wednesday :-)
    Luisa @ http://www.livingandlearningwithluisa.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this sign!! :o)

    Thanks for stopping by my blog. I am now your latest follower and can't wait to see your next project!

    Have a wonderful day,
    Nonny
    www.notionsfromnonny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. You have so many great ideas! We are hosting our 1st link party. It is live today!! We would love for you to come and join the party!!
    Thanks,
    thebusybhive.blogspot.com
    Joye & Myrna @ The Busy Bee's

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is lovely. Love the effect of heart in the middle:)

    Your follower blogging @ Lipoid Pneumonia, Breast Cancer & Petroleum Jelly

    ReplyDelete
  21. Super Duper cute! Love it! Thanks for sharing at Pinworthy Projects :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very cute Megan! And you got a deal on those rulers!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I just LOVE IT!! And the price point.. is right up my alley.. inexpensive YAY!!

    Thanks so much for partying with me last week at The DIY Dreamer... From Dream To Reality! I'm really looking forward to seeing what you share tomorrow evening!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow - so lovely!! Thanks for linking up at Romance on a dime. Hope to see you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I have a collection of yardsticks that need some love - literally!
    Pinning this adorableness!
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love this Megan! The rulers are a super cute idea! I'm featuring this tonight at my link party!

    ReplyDelete
  27. You did a great job with! It's beautiful. Thanks for sharing at One Creative Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh this is fabulous. So so so cute!! I love the rulers - gives it some serious character.

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a great idea, Megan!!! Love it! Thanks so much for sharing (sorry I was so late to visit from last week's Humble Brag link party!)

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate you stopping by! We love to read every comment on here. :)