Sunday, January 6, 2013

Pottery Barn Kids Inspired Play Room Table

Thanks so much to Bonbon Break for sharing our table.  I happened to hop on Craiglist the other day, and I had not been on there is a while. Usually there is not much for sale of interest where we live. But, on Friday I saw some preschool tables and chairs being sold at a church near by. I had always wanted to purchase one of the tables from PBK, but never had it in the budget to do so.

I couldn't pass up the table for twenty bucks and some chairs to go with it.  The table and chairs are both over 50 years old according to the director of the school.


Here is what they looked like as soon as we unloaded them from our truck.  Rob then sanded the entire table using a hand sander, wiped it with mineral spirits and then applied some gel stain. He painted the legs of the table and then used antiquing glaze over top of it to give it an aged look. This table is fifty years old, so it is pretty aged all by itself. Finally the top got a coat of polyurethane   




We are very happy with the purchase it was a total of $50 for all the chairs and the table, but I think it was worth it. We left the chairs alone for now, but may consider doing a similar treatment to them in the future.

Thanks for stopping by!

Megan



Sharing at:
Monday
Alderberry Hill
The Gunny Sack
The Dedicated House
Adventures of a DIY Mom 
Home Stories A to Z
Todays Creative

Skip To My Lou
The Rustic Pig

Tuesday
twelveOeight
A Diamond in the Stuff
Elizabeth & Co
Romance on a Dime
The NY Melrose Family
The DIY Dreamer
Claiming Our Space
The Winthrop Chronicles
Full Circle Creations

Wednesday
Southern Lovely
We Like To Learn As We Go
The Shabby Creek Cottage
Someday Crafts
High Heels & Grills

Thursday
Frugal Girls
Live Laugh Rowe
A Glimpse Inside
Seven Alive
52 Mantles
Fireflies and Jellybeans
Bloom Designs
House of Hepworths
Momnivores Dilemma
Saving 4 Six

Friday
One Project Closer
504 Main
Redoux Interiors
The Grant Life
Just Us Four
Thrifty Handmade Days
Tatertots & Jello
Fresh Eggs Daily
Little Inspiration

One Creative Mommy
Miss Mustard Seed

Saturday

Too Much Time On My Hands
Tutus and Tea Parties
Classy Clutter
Its Overflowing


Sunday
Nifty Thrifty Things
Flamingo Toes
Twigg Studios
C.R.A.F.T.
Brassy Apple 
I Gotta Try That

28 comments:

  1. Wow~ that's amazing :) Something like that would have cost a fortune in a store!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and Rob are ambitious. I love that you got this on Friday and that by Sunday it's done, ready to be used and a post has been written about it. You are amazing...as is this beautiful table.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that turned out beautifully! And seriously, how do you get things done so quickly???

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, megan! i LOVE that! i love the size and shape and love its new look!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My gosh! SCORE! you did a great job at fixing this girl up! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy smokes! That is one fabulous find and you've made it even better! You guys don't wait around much do you!! I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow that looks nice. Great job. So glad you shared it on I Gotta Try That.
    Hugs,
    Marcie

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks so good! You guys are so on top of it! If I bought this set it would sit in my garage for months (maybe even years) before I did anything to it! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just great! I saw this very set myself. I pined after it, but sadly, have no room. Maybe one day when we have finished the basement. Great for you for finding and seeing the potential. There are quite a bit Sunday school closures occurring. Sad, but great chances to pick up quality child-sized furniture.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello!!!
    Thank you for the lovely comments on my blog! I love what you did to the table!! You definitely gave it new life (and for such a great price, too!!) :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. I remember sitting at tables and chairs just like that as a child! What a wonderful find.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It turned out fantastic! Thank you for sharing this at the Make it Pretty Monday at The Dedicated House. Hope to see your prettiness again on Monday. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this table. I'll have to be on the look out for one. I'd love to have a kid size table and chairs for when we have friends over.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great table. I've been looking for something just like this on Craig's List.

    Thanks for leaving a comment about my black and white laundry room.

    I'm now following you.

    www.2LittleSuperheroes.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love how it turned out, pretty and ready for at least another fifty years! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Turned out fabulous! I like the white contrasting with the wood.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a fantastic makeover! I love the new look--especially the wood stain mixed with white. I’m so glad you linked this up at One Creative Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great find and fabulous redo Megan! I love the wood and white together, thank you so much for sharing at the Pretty Things Party at twelveOeight!!

    xoxo, Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  19. Geez, that WAS a find! For $50, there's no way to pass that up! I love the end result, it looks wonderful! Thanks for sharing this with One Creative Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awesome! And it looks wonderful :). Thanks for sharing at Pinworthy Projects.

    ReplyDelete
  21. meeeeeegan! These look amazing and i love the finished look. Did your husband use the white paint like a wash? I can see some of the grain on the wood and I would love to know how you did it.

    Kim@reposhture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. OMG you are so awesome, Megan! I wish I had seen this before Friday so I could sing your praises in person! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Looks great - nice job! Thanks for sharing this at Romance on a dime!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Looks great! Thanks for sharing at the All Star Block Party!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the table and chairs ! Great job refinishing it !

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate you stopping by! We love to read every comment on here. :)