Friday, January 18, 2013

Valentine Wreath

I decided that I would use my coffee filter wreath as a Valentine's wreath as well. I just simply took off my decorations that I had previously used and then added a few felt hearts I picked up at Jo-Ann Fabrics.  No sense in letting a perfectly good wreath only be useful for one season or holiday. I think I will continue to just make simple changes and keep it for multiple occasions.  


All you need to do is simply flatten the coffee filters and layer them on top of one another. I attached the filters using a hot glue gun, and was able to cover the straw wreath form in a matter of minutes. Then I simply attached the hearts at the bottom.  I used the straw wreath form from Hobby Lobby, and actually left it inside the plastic covering it came packaged in. That makes it a lot easier to maintain the shape, and then you are not cleaning up straw pieces that would fall off over time.

Here are three other ways I used the same wreath and just changed up the decorations.



Thanks for stopping by!  We hope you will take a chance to check out other projects on the blog.  Please follow us on Pinterest because we love to share our projects and the amazing projects of other bloggers too.





23 comments:

  1. Great idea! the white is so pretty you might as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was beautiful before and it's gorgeous now! You know I love a project you can re-invent over and over! This is a great one! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have some wonderful Valentine's decorations going up over at your place. Love must be in the air :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it, the "ruffle effect" is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! And I love the idea of one wreath you can change up for multiple seasons.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute Megan!! I love the idea of being able to change the decorations with the seasons instead of having to do a whole new wreath. Those could take up a lot of room!

    xoxo, Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely wrath Megan, so beautiful and inexpensive! So lovely, have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so cute! I've seen coffee filter wreaths, but not used in this way! Love it!! Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier!

    Jenna @ http://www.rainonatinroof.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really cool idea! I'd love to see the link to the original coffee filter wreath post.
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there! Under the last picture above if you click on "Coffee Filter Wreath" it will take you to that post. :)

      Delete
  10. How cute is that wreath!!?? I love it and its so different than all the other coffee filter wreaths that I've seen.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun repurpose idea. I would love it if you linked up to my party :http://cupcake-n-bake.blogspot.com/2013/01/manic-monday-1_20.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks really interesting or should I say Pinteresting? ha ha Would love to have this linked up to my Valentine Linky Party on my DIY Wreath blog. Hope to see you. I'm pinning this also. Linda

    http://diywreaths.com/sample-page/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for posting and telling how to make this really cool wreath. Very romantic looking. Would love to have you link this to my DIY Wreath blog Hope to see you there. Linda

    http://diywreaths.com/sample-page/

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's a great idea. Such a simple change that looks so pretty. I just did something similar and posted it on my blog.
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this wreath. It's so simple and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  16. ADORABLE!! Love this wreath:)

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi, I just came over from If it's Not Baroque's Link party since your adorable wreath caught my eye. You did such a great job on it. I love how sweet and simple it looks and that you could easily change it out for different holidays. Very multifunctional :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. So simple and I love how you can change it out with the seasons. :) Thanks for linking up at Romance on a dime. Hope to see you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very pretty! We're using coffee filters to make topiaries for my sister's wedding. They're turning out so cute!

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate you stopping by! We love to read every comment on here. :)